Saturday, December 10, 2011

Salton Sea CA



A week ago I was in Borrego Springs CA, did a "tour" of Salton Sea with Paul Johnson (through the  Anza-Borrego Foundation).   I'm still sorting through my photos, but wanted to post these from the final stop of our day:  Salvation Mountain.   I had been there 12+ years ago and missed meeting Leonard.  This trip he was there, so in addition to taking photos, I was able to meet the man who built the mountain.  

I hope you'll have some time to follow the link & read a bit about his story.


Inside the "balloon"  He used tree trunks, tree limbs, and he said a telephone
pole!   All put in place by Leonard, with the help of pulleys. 

1 comment:

gottago said...

I loved going to Salvation Mountain last year, for the first time....and Leonard was there! What a fun day. I went with a girlfriend and were were photographing non stop.

The perspective, intense color capture and composition in your second shot..... in the "balloon" photo really tells the tale of what it feels like to be inside. Thanks for posting. I had fun remembering.
Linda