Monday, September 5, 2011

Eastern Sierras

 I just spent a weekend in Bishop CA.  Besides hiking and looking for petroglyphs, we went to the Laws Railroad Museum.  It's located just north of Bishop a few miles and a great place to visit if you are in the area.  One small room was devoted to old cameras and I was able to photograph several (all exhibits are behind glass to protect them).   I liked this stereo camera & slides and the old barber pole.   There are rooms devoted to medical, dental & pharmacy items.  Other rooms showcase a beauty shop and automobiles.  These cabins/rooms go on & on.  It's fun to see all their collections and one could easily spend a few days there.   Outside there are trains & a replica of a train station.  They were offering train rides this weekend too.

I used my iPhone camera and an app called Photo55.  It gives the photos the look of old Polaroid photos.  I thought it would be an appropriate time to try the app with these old items.  


1 comment:

Carol Leigh said...

Especially love the one with the barber pole. Simple composition, strong foreground object, cool sink. Well done. --Carol Leigh