Friday, September 30, 2011

On the water again ...


This time the boat was the Queen Mary (Long Beach) and  tied up to the dock!     My friend Terry & I spent two nights onboard the Queen Mary.  It's an incredible place to visit, lots of history,  and so many photo ops!   We started our time there with a "behind the scenes" tour from a very knowledgeable gentleman who has been associated with the boat for about 17 years.  Lots of funny stories about the history of this magnificent vessel and about the celebrities who have traveled on it.   I've included a few of my photos that I've processed so far.  First one is an overall view of the vessel, taken from the water.  We did a harbor tour one morning.

The following photo  was taken at night -- I loved seeing the lights on the boat.   A surprise when I looked at the photo, I hadn't seen the face in the smokestack until I pulled the shot up on the computer.  Anyone else see it?


This final post is of the city of Long Beach, taken from the sidewalk near the Queen Mary.   


Highly recommend checking out http://www.queenmary.com/Timeline.aspx for more information.  Oh, the food was great too!  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do see the face! Lucky you and Terry to be on board. Looking forward to more photos.
xox
Maureen