Wednesday, October 12, 2011

San Diego Zoo and Safari Park

I was at the Safari Park yesterday with Terry and her camera club.  It is actually the first time I've had a good look at the baby gorilla, Monroe.   The Mom (Kokomo) has been a great mother and kept him close to her -- not good for photo ops the few other times I've gone to see him.

He is now 4 months old and she's letting him have a little bit of freedom.  It was extremely enjoyable to watch.  I did get one photo of them that I was happy with.   As you can see here they were enjoying a bit of the sunshine and relaxing.  



Enjoy the link to the Park's website if you would like to read more about him:   Kokomo and Monroe.

3 comments:

marianne said...

Priceless expressions! I also love their hands.

Judy said...

Thanks Marianne. I've been at the Park before to see Monroe, but he hasn't been out "on display" quite like this before. It was really a treat!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful photo! I'll bet you were excited to get such a good one of both faces.
CJ